Nov. 9, 2007
Sunset from the deck of the Dragonfly Ranch by Phoenix
US COURT JUDGE RULES IN FAVOR OF LT. EHREN WATADA
Today, Judge Seattle ruled that the army can not try Lt. Ehren Watada again for refusing to deploy to Iraq (because his conscience would not allow him to carry out an illegal order to fight an immoral war).
We are throwing Ehren a party and showing the movie, “Sir, No Sir” (about Viet Nam war vets recalling saying “NO” to that war) here at the Dragonfly on Nov. 24th.
More good news today!
SENATE OVERRIDES BUSH VETO
A first for this congress—hopefully, not the last:
BEREAVEMENT: MAHALO FOR YOUR LOVING THOUGHTS
Just a quick note of thanks to all of you who sent me condolences regarding my brother, Jim. I have come to discover that "bereavement", as many of you already know, is a PROCESS of mourning. It takes time, patience and lots of forgiveness. My new friend, Eike, from an island(!) on the northwest coast of Germany, reminded me that Ho'oponopono (setting things right with love, understanding, and forgiveness) is the key to peace and happiness. Isn't it funny that this Hawaiian wisdom came to me (when I needed to hear it again) from a beautiful German woman who practices lomilomi?
Photo of my brother Jim by Steve Haisman
JUST FOR LAUGHS: DANCING/SINGING BIRD!
Here is a positive approach to a huge challenge:
LISTEN TO ALAN CLEMENTS INTERVIEW Sunday
Watch the two minute video and you will see why I strongly support this eloquent genius and this cause:
Dear Fellow Artists, Activists and World Citizens for Peace,
Announcing a very special event on behalf of Burma's Aung San Suu Kyi, the world's
only imprisoned Nobel peace laureate and the recent monk-led uprisings in her country.
Listen to a 30 minute Interview with Alan Clements, former Buddhist monk in Burma
and the author of a number of books on the crisis in that country, including The Voice
of Hope, a book of conversations between Alan and Aung San Suu Kyi. The interview
is on Boulder's award winning progressive station - KGNU, with Host Robin Claire and will air Sunday, November 11, 2007 at 12 noon (central time zone) in Boulder, Colorado, USA. On 88.5 FM in Boulder and 1390 AM in the Denver area.
TO LISTEN ON YOUR COMPUTER OR I-POD anywhere in the world at 12:00pm central time zone.
Pacific USA: 1 PM
Central USA: 11 AM
Mountain USA: 12:00 PM
Eastern USA: 10 AM
Hawaii: 3 PM
For world time zones:
Please pass this information along to all your intelligent and inquisitive friends.
AUNTY MARGARET HONORED
It was my privilege to present my revered 91 year old teacher of lomilomi, Kalehuamakanoelulu’uonapali Aunty Margaret Machado, with an award for her lifetime of service as a healer. While her "two legs" would not allow her to attend this function, her daughter, Lana, accepted the award for her. Many of us have been worried about Auntie becoming very forgetful. Lana tells me that since Auntie started tanking 1/2 oz of VIBE each day, her mental clarity is restored! (Click here: www.vibeforme.com/dragonfly to find out about the VIBE I have been recommending that you all try.) This news of Auntie regaining her sharp mind is very heartening!
BURMESE JUNTA UNDER UNDERWEAR SEIGE
Launched by the Lanna Action for Burma Committee based in Thailand, this creative group learned that the thuggish military men oppressing the people of Burma are not only brutal, but also very, very superstitious. It turns out that one of their phobic beliefs is that they must never, ever come into contact with female undies, because even to touch a pair of knickers would sap them of their strength.
Thus, the Action for Burma group has invited women everywhere to ship their undergarments to Burmese embassies throughout the world as a calculated cultural insult to the ruling junta of General Than Shwe, who is said to be especially superstitious. One group of women sent 140 pairs of their dainties to Burma's embassy in Geneva, and Burmese embassies in England, Australia, Singapore, and several European countries are also under underwear siege.
Liz Hilton, one of the Action for Burma activists, notes that the junta is famous for its abuse of women, including using rape as a weapon of war, so this protest action "is a way for women around the world to express their outrage." She adds that she and others are exasperated by the failure of world leaders to do anything effective about the regime's repression, so delivering scads of scivvies allows ordinary women to send a personal and culturally-powerful message of rejection to the junta.
Wave 11:11 - World Wide Meditation
The flap of a butterfly's wings in Brazil can set off a storm in Texas. Isn't that an amazing statement? Physicists call this theory "The Butterfly Effect" to explain how the breeze produced by a butterfly's wings could set off a series of reverberations that over time have a tremendous affect on weather patterns thousands of miles away. Now imagine the impact of millions of butterflies:
Currently on earth there is a "quickening" where more and more people are realizing there is much more to reality than meets the eye and are beginning to explore their consciousness. As we open up to the higher consciousness, we allow in a powerful energetic force which guides our individual evolutionary journey as we allow it.
At 11:11 am in your time zone on November 11th, 2007, we are going to unite together in Song, Prayer and Meditation. Join us for whatever time you can during this hour. Search your heart and you will intuitively know the intentions in your role in healing the planet. You might consider singing/praying/meditating upon any or all of these single words: Peace, Trust, Love, Harmony, Presence, Acceptance.
"Straddling the equator and bordering the International Date Line to the east, the people of the Republic of Kiribati will start ~ Wave 11:11~ and it will be passed around the planet until the final destination of the Republic of Marshall Islands, and the full day of wave energy flow will be completed.
Share this with everyone you know! Join us in creating the butterflies wave.
Join in Song, Prayer and Meditation ~ WAVE 11:11
WANT TO LIVE LONGER AND HEALTHIER?
Twelve steps to aging younger:
Michael Roizen, M.D. shares the simple things we can do to add extra years to our live:.
- An aspirin a day after age 40: Taking one 325 mg. tablet of aspirin per day can make your real age as much as 1.9 years younger.
- Floss your teeth: Flossing and brushing daily can make your real age 6.4 years younger.
- Know your blood pressure: A person with low blood pressure (115/75 mm Hg) is as much as 25 years younger than a person with high blood pressure (greater than 160/90 mm Hg).
- Reduce stress: In highly stressful times, your real age can be as much as 32 years older than your calendar age. By building strong social networks and adopting stress-reduction strategies, you can erase 30 of those 32 years of aging caused by stress.
- Take your vitamins: Regularly taking vitamin C (1,200 mg/day), vitamin E (400 IU/day), calcium (1,000-1,200 mg/day), vitamin D (400-600 IU/day), folate (400 mcg/day), and vitamin B6 (6 mg/day) can make your real age 6 years younger.
- Quit smoking and avoid passive smoke: Smoking makes your real age 8 years older.
- Be active: Even a small amount of exercise - two 20-minute walks per day - can make your real age nearly 5 years younger.
- Wear your seat belt: Regularly wearing a seat belt and driving within 5 miles per hour of the speed limit can make your real age as much as 3.4 years younger.
- Fill up on fiber: Getting 25 grams of fiber per day in your diet can make your real age 2.5 years younger than if you only included 12 grams of fiber per day in your diet.
- Monitor your health: People who are proactive about seeking high-quality medical care and managing chronic conditions can have a real age as much as 12 years younger than their peers who do not.
- Laugh: Laughter reduces stress, strengthens the immune system and can make your real age as much as 8 years younger.
- Become a lifelong learner: People who remain intellectually involved throughout their lives have a real age as much as 2.5 years younger.
Develop an age-reduction plan. Over your lifetime, you can make your real age as much as 26 years younger.
(A dear friend mentioned that one important point he missed is: Making Love.)
REGARDING MY DRAGONFLY COTTAGE FOR SALE
A number of you asked about the price of the cottage. I listed it with Century 21 (Cindy Griffy) for $578,000. Please let me know if you are interested in a fee simple 1/2 acre, ocean view, with a second home building site. It is an adorable cottage looking for a good owner--or "time share owners". I would love to keep this sweet cottage in the family.
LABYRINTH COLOR RESTORATION
Thanks to our Dutch Dragonfly ohana, GJ and Suzimo (making music in this photo with Phoenix), the epoxy preservation fiasco has been reversed and all the colors carefully put on anew. A labor of love!. Final touches were completed by our long-legged, dear French sister, Isabelle, pictured here (right) in the labyrinth.